Wildwood Middle School
Core values at Wildwood Middle School are: responsibility, respect, honesty, enthusiasm, accountability, teamwork, positive attitudes, high academic standards, positive relationships, independence, manner, humor, cooperation and communication.
Wildwood Middle teachers focus on meeting individual students' needs.
The school students' are consistently honored as a Top 10 performing middle school by the Missouri Department of Education.
"Popcorn and a Book" sessions are offered as an on-going commitment to reading. Red Ribbon Week also is observed each year.
A parent communication center is located in the school's entryway, as a place to find community information.
- Fax: 636-458-7372
- Hours: Office Hours: 7am to 3:30pm // First bell 7:30am // School dismissed 2:22pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 2000
- Number of students: 762
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: Yes
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 17
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 54 plus 21 Special School District
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Wildwood Middle teachers combine accelerated school beliefs with beliefs of the professional learning communities. WMS offers community events such as spaghetti dinners.
- What makes this community special?: Average daily attendance 96 percent. The prinicipal provides a personal blog.
- Grade levels: 6, 7, 8
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Math Competition, Spelling Bee, Geography Bee, plays, musicals, chorus, string concerts
- Student clubs: Book Of The Month Club, Cheer Club "Team Spirit", Dancing, Drama Club, Fellowship Of Christian Athletes (FCA), Independant Art Studio, Math, Science, Student Council, Trend, Yearbook, Wildwood Weekly Wind-Down
- Sports teams: Basketball, bowling, cross country, golf, fleetball/ultimate football, iceless hockey, lacrosse, skiing, soccer - outdoor/indoor, softball, table tennis, team handball, track and field, volleyball, weight training, wrestling