Six Flags Over St. Louis
This popular amusement and entertainment venue draws fans from all over the midwest due to its variety of thrill rides and Hurricane Harbor water park. There are more than 20 family-oriented rides. (Note that some rides close during inclement weather.)
Beyond rides, other entertainments include shows held in the park's theaters, photo opportunities with costumed characters, shopping and concerts.
Park managers offer bands, choirs, dance teams and performing arts groups showcase opportunities through the "Celebrate the Arts" program.
Nearly 30 food and beverage vendors offer ice cream, pizza, Chinese food, burgers, corn on the cob, fudge and even smoked turkey legs, among other choices.
- Fax: 636-587-3617
- Hours: Operating times vary by season and rental by private groups; consult the Six Flags website for exact availability.
- Handicap Accessible: Six Flags St. Louis strives to be one of the most ADA-accessible theme parks in the nation. Wheelchair rentals and special-access passes are available. Contact Guest Relations.
- Founding Date: 1971
- Ticket information: General admission: $42.99; Children under 48 inches: $32.99; 2 years old and younger, free. Multivisit ticket: $45.99. Multivisit children's ticket: $35.99. Season passes available. Combined parking and admission tickets available.
- Buy tickets online [link]: www.sixflags.com/stlouis/tickets/index.aspx
- Private parties: Yes
- Food/drink: Yes
- Parking: Paid lot
- Restrictions: No pets
- Which is the most popular ride or attraction?: Join Six Flags Funatics group and receive updates. The park also has a Facebook page and automatic e-mail updates that help keep park-goers aware of new developments and announcements.