Rockwood School District -- Administrative Center
Although the Rockwood School District (RSD) spans more than 150 square miles in total, its headquarters are still in Eureka, where the district began back in 1908. It is the fourth largest school district in Missouri. RSD has 19 elementary, six middle and four high schools, in addition to separate campuses for two early childhood complexes, two Centers for Creative Learning (gifted students' programs), and an Alternative High School Education location. The district encompasses the communities of Wildwood, Eureka, Ballwin, Chesterfield, Ellisville, Fenton, Manchester and Clarkson Valley. The six overall goals that guide the district are Student Performance; Global Awareness; Highly Qualified Workforce; Stakeholder Involvement; Facilities, Support and Instructional Resources; and Governance. Two distinguishing features are the 10 National Blue Ribbon schools within the district, as well as 14 Missouri Gold Star Schools of Excellence. RSD leaders and school board directors say they make every effort to keep the community informed about how the district functions, how well students are performing academically, and what needs to be improved within the district. Community residents talk about "the Rockwood advantage," and the district's 22,300-plus students are glad to have it. During 2010, all four RSD high schools received distinctions in Newsweek's Best High Schools in America feature.
- Fax: 636-938-2251
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 5pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1908
- Number of students: 22,314
- Public/Private: Public
- Graduation rate (%): 95.2
- Accreditation/licenses: Earned highest accreditation rating from Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) Accreditation: "Distinction in Performance with High Achievement"
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 15 : 1 average
- Parking: Free lot
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Annually holds ACS Relay For Life. District employs more than 3,500 employees.