Poor Richard's Restaurant & Sports Club!
That American Renaissance man, Ben Franklin, would feel right at home at Poor Richard's Restaurant, named after his own Poor Richard's Almanac. Not only does the restaurant give quarter to some of literature's most enduring quotations, such as the almanac's own "A penny saved is a penny earned," to Shakespeare's "Neither a borrower nor a lender be." It also offers up a diverse menu including steak, fish, chicken, hot dogs, salads, nachos, soups and sandwiches. Even the nation's first capitol and a flavor of Franklin's ambassadorship to France get in on the mix, by way of Philly steaks and French dip sandwiches.
The restaurant's walls and shelves are loaded with stuffed wildlife and St. Louis high school and professional sports memorabilia. Among this is a mounted jersey of St. Louis Blues hockey right-winger Cam Janssen, a Eureka native. Word is he stops in on occasion.
- Fax: 636-938-4620
- Hours: Restaurant hours: Mon - Sat, 11am - midnight; Sun, noon - 11pm. Bar hours: Mon - Sat, 11am - 1am; Sun, noon - midnight.
- Handicap Accessible: The entrance is at ground level, handicapped restrooms.
- Founding Date: 1982
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- General services: Catering, Eat-in, Phone orders, Prepared foods, Take-out
- Menu link: www.poorrichardsstl.com/menu1.htm
- Specialties: Chicken wings, burgers
- ATM: Yes
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: Yes
- Cuisine: American, Bar Food, Burgers, Philly Steaks, Sandwiches
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: Chicken wings
- Price level: $
- Reservations: Accepted
- Number of tables: 25
- Features: Catering, Dinner, Group-friendly, Kids' Menu, Lunch
- Atmosphere: Bar Scene, Fun, Late-night
- Dress code: Casual