Living Word United Methodist Church
636-821-2800; Preschool Phone: 636-230-0089
Operating as a Christ-centered community, Living Word UMC blends a broad range of traditional spiritual topics and contemporary interests. Originally founded as Ellisville United Methodist Church in 1962, the congregation relocated to Wildwood in 2008 to build a new campus, expand outreach efforts and to accommodate the need for more space.
Many ministry and small group programs are conducted throughout the year for children, youths and adults. The pastors respond to a 24/7 on-call system to meet personal needs. Celebration Arts at Living Word takes on many forms, including vocal, instrument and drama.
An Early Childhood Center, complete with play ground, also is located in its own portion of the building. This is for children 15 months to 6 years of age.
Missionary work includes entities such as Circle of Concern, Festival of Sharing, Henderson Settlement, Epworth Children and Family Services, Kingdom House and Heifer Arks. Living Word supports two pastors in Mozambique and a sister church in Magumbane.
BRIDGES (Busy Retirees Involved Doing God's Exciting Service) is a group of persons aged 50 or older who anchor activities from this church.
Living Word's lead pastor often conducts trips and tours of the Holy Land in Israel.
Weekly sermons also are offered online. Living Word hosts the annual simulcast of the Willow Creek Leadership Summit. Additionally, the church serves as a meeting site to many community organizations. They are recognized by the Igniting Ministry Team at United Methodist Communications as an official "Welcoming Congregation."
- Fax: 636-821-2801
- Hours: Sun service: traditional communion, 8am; traditional service, 9:15am; contemporary (GAP) service, 10:45am. Sun school: 9:15am, 10:45am, all ages. Office hours: Mon - Thu, 8:30am - 4:30pm; Fri, 8:30am - 4pm; Sat, Sun, closed.
- Handicap Accessible: Assisted listening devices at each service; reserved wheelchair seating locations in services; elevator; sign language interpreter; member of National Organization on Disability for Accessible Congregations.
- Founding Date: January 7, 1962
- What makes this community special?: Many programs cater to youth, such as Half Day Hangouts on early school dismissal days, ultimate frisbee nights during the summer, movie gatherings, and special off-site/all-night events. Congregants participate through a "needs pool" to serve others.
- Parking: Free lot
- Denomination: Methodist
- Congregation size: 1,200
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs, Missionary programs, Study groups, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: Yes