Lindenwood University's Adult Evening Program
The Wildwood facility for Lindenwood University is its 11th extension campus in the region. Designed specifically for working adults, evening courses offered there are a part of the Lindenwood College for Individual Education (LCIE) overall program.
Quarterly courses earn students nine semester credits during each quarter, with a total of 36 credits possible during a calendar year.
Classes meet 13 times in 12 weeks, generally from 6pm to 10pm, one night a week. Class enrollment is limited to 12 to 14 students, with writing and oral skills emphasized. Courses are taught using a method that emphasizes student interaction and peer-based learning.
Each of the LCIE courses are grouped in clusters, which offers students the opportunity to analyze and synthesize material in a combined fashion.
The Lindenwood University faculty states a total of 128 credit hours is required for graduation. Fifty-five credits must meet general education requirements.
Each student is assigned a faculty advisor, and meets with that advisor at least one time per term. Advisors evaluate students' progress, assist with course registration and serve as a resource.
- Fax: 636-273-5462
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 6pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1827
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Accreditation/licenses: Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (HLC); Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Located conveniently in Wildwood's Town Center, one can find shopping, a coffee shop, a drug store, restaurants, groceries, a movie theater and ice cream nearby.
- What makes this community special?: "This program is ideal for those who have been in the workforce after high school, but are stuck between wanting to secure a degree while working at the same time," said Ron Hendricks, campus director of the new location and a Wildwood resident.
- Degrees: Graduate, Undergraduate
- Programs: Evening
- Campus housing: No