LaSalle Springs Middle School
As a U.S. Department of Education Blue Ribbon school and Missouri Department of Education Gold Star School, LaSalle Springs Middle School provides an academic program for high achievers while also offering remediation for students.
The school is a Promising Practices award winner.
Students can participate in a middle school transition program called WEB (Where Everyone Belongs).
Starting with the 2010-2011 school year, the school is offering TutorConnection, a Rockwood program that helps connect certified Rockwood teachers and professionals with parents who are looking for private, fee-based tutoring lessons for their children. The focus is to improve students' knowledge and skill-based performance of the district's curricular concepts.
- Fax: 636-938-2434
- Hours: Office: 7am - 3:30pm; First bell, 7:30am; School dismissed, 2:22pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1993
- Number of students: 929
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: Yes
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 18
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 62 plus 11 Special School District
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The school models the Caring School Community program.
- What makes this community special?: Average daily attendance 96 percent. LSMS teachers care very much about the overall success of their students.
- Grade levels: 6, 7, 8
- Special education: Yes
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Language lab, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Community service, art, and walking/biking groups. Competitions for CO2 car racing, geography bee, math and spelling bee. Fall play. Variety show. Jazz Band. Choral. Orchestra. Science.
- Student clubs: National Junior Honor Society, StuCo, chess, ASP.biz (Computer After School Practice) , Fellowship of Christian Athletes (F.C.A.), TREND - Turning Resources and Energy into New Directions, Wildcat Ambassadors, Yearbook, Young Entrepreneurs
- Sports teams: Strong after-school sports-oriented program; annual district intramural tournament for co-ed volleyball; annual track district meet; competitions for bowling, table tennis; swim meet