Green Pines Elementary School
After receiving the Missouri Gold Star Award for Excellence in Education in 2000, this school earned the Blue Ribbon Award from the U.S. Department of Education for Excellence in Education in 2001.
The Green Pines' Physical Education program received the Exemplary Gold Physical award from the Missouri Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance in 2008. It also was chosen as a pilot school for Instructional Coaching Model.
In 2009, the school then was honored with the National School of Character Promising Practice award. The fifth grade teachers there were awarded a literacy grant entitled "Reaching Reluctant Readers."
- Fax: 636-458-7262
- Hours: Office: 7:30am to 4:30pm; Classes: 8:23am to 3:13pm; AM Kindergarten: 8:23am to 11:23pm; PM Kindergarten: 12:13pm to 3:13pm
- Founding Date: January 1987
- Number of students: 472
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: Yes
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 17
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 32 plus five teachers' assistants and 12 Special School District
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Blood drives, fine arts nights, volunteer appreciation observations
- What makes this community special?: School traditions of respect and individuality have been hugely important since this school opened. They even have their own "Green Pines Gators" school song with unique lyrics. Average Daily Attendance Rate is 96.9 percent.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: K through 5
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Library, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Art Club, Glee Club, Reading Club, Mad Science Systems, Chorus, Spirit Days, Student Council, DARE, Science Olympics, Heritage Days
- Sports teams: District Cross Country meet, Ozzie's Fun and Fitness, Tae Kwon Do
- Student clubs: A classroom buddy program that pairs older Green Pines' students with younger ones fosters mentoring, reading together, collaborating on projects, and enjoying lunch together on a monthly basis.