Eureka Elementary School
Eureka Elementary students focus on education in a nurturing environment that allows for differentiated instruction designed to assist the needs of individual children. Being the smallest school with the Rockwood School District provides a "small in numbers but mighty in achievements" philosophy. Eureka Elementary offers a strong focus on reading, with students checking out an average of 60 books each during a given school year. All Eureka Missouri Assessement Program (MAP) test scores are above the state average.
- Fax: 636-938-2452
- Hours: Office Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 4:30pm; School Hours: Mon - Fri, 9am - 3:50pm; Morning Kindergarten: Mon - Fri, 9am - Noon; Afternoon Kindergarten: Mon - Fri, 12:50pm - 3:50pm; Sat, Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Ramps, doors
- Founding Date: 1954
- Number of students: 308
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: Yes
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 18
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 27
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Eureka Elementary's school spirit shows through as the group often places in the top spots during the annual Eureka Days parade float contests.
- Montessori: No
- Grade levels: K - 5
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Library, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: The school observes national Red Ribbon Week for drug prevention each year. Orchestra and vocal music concerts are conducted.
- Student clubs: Student Council
- Sports teams: An annual intramural track team is typically formed. Eureka Elementary runners also participate in cross country meets.