An eclectic blend of rugged Ozark Mountain terrain, dedication to new urban lifestyle living, and a fierce love and protection of nature makes the 68 square miles of Wildwood unique. Indeed, nearly one-third of the municipality's area is publicly held open space.
Prior to Wildwood being incorporated in 1995, the area was comprised of a dozen thriving, small villages: Grover, Glencoe, Fox Creek, Pond, Hollow, Centaur, Melrose, Orrville, Alleton, Westland Acres, Kelpe, and Monarch. To this day, Wildwood does not have its own post office with a specific zip code. Rather, Wildwood's residents, groups and business owners are serviced by surrounding post offices that reflect seven different zip codes. The two Wildwood-based post offices still go by Glencoe and Grover USPS locations.
Known throughout the St. Louis region for its extensive network of diverse trails for walking and bicycling, Wildwood is regularly visited by many St. Louis and St. Charles county residents, who enjoy its diverse parks and recreational opportunities.
Although the city is one of the more rural communities in the St. Louis metropolitan area, it has more than 140 miles of streets and a designated Town Center area.
Wildwood is the largest city geographically within St. Louis County, and the third largest in Missouri. Its projected 2010 population is 39,485.
The city's motto reflects that the Wildwood community is a great place to "live, work and play."
- Fax: 636-458-6969
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 8am - 5pm
- Handicap Accessible: Street-level entry and elevator to second floor of City Hall
- Founding Date: Sept. 1, 1995
- What makes this community special?: City representatives and residents have followed a master plan that seeks to preserve Wildwood's natural beauty with deliberate, thoughtful city planning. Outdoor concerts and special events attract thousands to the city's Town Center.
- Services: Public Works, St. Louis County Police-Wildwood Precinct, Parks and Recreation, Municipal Court, Finances, Licenses, Planning, Code Enforcement, Permits, Fire and Emergency Medical Services
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Public restrooms: Yes