No trip along what's left of U.S. Route 66 would be complete without a stop by Big Chief Roadhouse. Originally established in 1929 as part of the Big Chief Highway Hotel, Big Chief Roadhouse is one of the last remaining full-service restaurants in operation on the famed roadway.
Recently renovated and restored to its historic roots, Big Chief aims to bring diners not only a great food and beverage experience, but a little bit of history as well.
Now under new ownership, which includes two accomplished chefs, an all-new menu accompanies the new look. A heavy reliance on freshly made breads, sauces, locally sourced produce and in-house smoked meats dominates the beautifully presented dishes. Family owned and family friendly, Big Chief Roadhouse is a must visit for everyone.
Big Chief is included on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Fax: 636-458-3254
- Hours: Kitchen: Mon. - Sun. 11am - 10pm / Tavern: Sun. - Thurs. 11am - 12am, Fri - Sat. 11am - 1:30am
- Handicap Accessible: No stepped entrances
- Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Founding Date: 1929
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Food & dining options: Natural, Vegetarian
- General services: Eat-in, Phone orders, Take-out
- Menu link: www.bigchiefstl.com/Menu.html
- Specialties: Burgers, Smoked meats, Steaks, Pasta
- ATM: Yes
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: Yes
- Cuisine: American, Bar Food, Barbecue, Burgers, Dessert / Ice Cream, Pizza, Sandwiches, Vegetarian / Vegan
- Signature dishes: Tuna Salad Stuffed Tomato, Reuben, Bison Burger, Sweet Melissa Pasta Con Broccoli, Florentine Pizza
- What dish is most representative of the restaurant?: House Smoked Beef Brisket Horseshoe
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Accepted
- Number of tables: 65
- Features: Dinner, Group-friendly, Happy Hour, Kids' Menu, Live Entertainment, Lunch, Outdoor seating, Private Parties
- Atmosphere: Bar Scene, Fun, Late-night, Romantic
- Dress code: Casual