There's plenty to see and do for the weekend of Aug. 15-18 in Eureka, Wildwood and the surrounding area. Patch has rounded up some of the best events for you and your family.
1) Celebrate a successful first week back at school with a party sponsored by the Rockwood Drug-Free Coalition Friday at the Chesterfield Aquatic Center. It’s open to all sixth, seventh and eighth grade students from Rockwood and runs from 8:15-11 p.m. Admission is free, plus there will be food and prizes.
2) If you're looking to eat out somewhere, you can help the good people at St. Louis Crisis Nursery by heading over to Plaza Frontenac for a Celebrity Servers night Thursday at BRIO Tuscan Grille, Canyon Café, and Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse. Celebrities like KMOV anchor Jasmine Huda, KSDK's Kelly Jackson, St. Louis County Police Chief Tim Fitch, and Patch editors Candace Jarrett and Lindsay Toler will be collecting tips to benefit St. Louis Crisis Nursery, starting at 4 p.m.
3) Eureka’s Concerts on Central summer series will have its last show Friday, featuring music from The Dusty Brothers. The concerts run from 7-10 p.m. in Old Town Eureka with food and beverages available from local businesses.
4) Rockwood parents will have an opportunity Thursday night to meet the district’s interim superintendent, Terry Adams, formerly superintendent of the Wentzville school district. The meet-and-greet will be from 5-6 p.m. at the lobby of Crestview Middle School.
5) Over 400 hundred motorcycle riders will be roaring through Eureka Sunday shortly after 3 p.m. as part of the 2013 American Legion Legacy Run. Riders will be gathering in Valley Park at 3 p.m. and then will head west on I-44. The Central Avenue bridge over the interstate will provide a great vantage point to from which to watch the motorcade.