Rockwood School District residents may file as Board of Education candidates from Dec. 11 through Jan. 15. The election will be held on April 2.
Candidates may drop off paperwork Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Rockwood’s Administrative Offices located at 111 E. North Street in Eureka. The office will be open until 5 p.m. on Jan. 15, according to the district's website.
Candidate filing will not occur on days the school district’s offices are closed due to holidays or inclement weather.
Candidates must be:
- U.S. citizens
- Rockwood School District residents
- Missouri residents for at least one year preceding the election
- At least 24 years of age.
The Rockwood Board of Education is a group of seven directors who are elected to serve as educational advocates of area youth. Their key roles and responsibilities as listed online are to:
- Hire and evaluate the superintendent and delegate all administrative responsibilities.
- Approve the school district's budget.
- Establish goals and evaluate outcomes.
- Adopt and evaluate policies.
- Connect with the community.
- Assure school district performance.