Special use permits for the following Eureka businesses were approved by Board of Aldermen at Tuesday evening's meeting:
- Prestige Pet Grooming, 300 West Fourth Street.
- Cricket Communications, Inc.; additional antennae and equipment at existing cell tower; 803 Top Notch Lane.
- Sprint; increase in height and setback to an existing cell tower; 803 Top Notch Lane.
- Dr. David Hunt veterinary clinic, 102 Dreyer Avenue.
- QuikTrip Corporation; gasoline service station/convenience store; 290 East Fourth Street.
- Voss Properties; private riding stable; 225 Augustine Road.
- Hart Farms; equestrian stable and arena; 490 Forby Road.
- I-44 Truck Center; towing services; 18515 U.S. Highway 66.
Aldermen voted to start the process of rescinding the special use permit for the Super 8 Hotel at 1733 West Fifth Street, after Eureka city administrator Craig Sabo explained city personnel had been trying to work with the hotel's managers for two years to get the retainer wall fixed.
Discussions about special use permits for two businesses were postponed until the Feb. 19 Board of Aldermen meeting:
- Hyndrich Brothers Towing, 18593 U.S. Highway 66.
- E-Z Clean Car Wash, Inc.; car wash/detail center to include the use of a drying canopy, free-standing dryer and two vacuum islands; 79 Hilltop Village Center Drive.