.

Gas Leak Attracts Eureka Fire, Laclede Gas (Video)

VIDEO: A gas leak detected at the house located at the corner of Central Avenue and E. Third Street in Eureka has local firefighters and gas experts investigating. Traffic was halted in the area while they assessed the level of safety.

officials responded to a call about a gaseous odor detected at the house located at the corner of Central Avenue and E. Third Street in Eureka between 2:15 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday.

Eureka Deputy Fire Chief Randy Gabel said the odor was believed to be coming from a stove located within the house, which serves as apartments. He said the source could not be found, based on their equipment's gauges.

When Eureka-Wildwood Patch left the area, Laclede Gas representatives had just arrived to use their refined tools for detection.

Traffic in front of the and was halted for a time, due to safety.

Fans were placed inside the house to help air out the gas.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »