The daily stresses of life, not enough exercise and poor nutrition can wear down your body and immune system. Not to mention your mental well-being.
Self care is so critical and of the utmost importance. Take the time daily to nurture yourself. Here are some ways to do just that.
- Get out in nature and get active: Go for a bike ride, horse ride, take a brisk walk or a nice hike daily at Rockwoods Reservation, Dr. Edmund A Babler Missouri State Park or Route 66 State Park.
- Detox your body and mind: Take a bath with healing salts, sit in a hot tub, steam room or sauna at the Wildwood YMCA, or better yet take a spa day.
- Get moving: Break a sweat at , Curves, Snap Fitness, or take a fun dance class at .
- Get in touch with your artistic side: Learn to play a musical instrument, take voice lessons, enroll in a theater class, or audition for one of the plays available through .
- Become more engaged in the world: Play with some kids outside in the neighborhood, or visit Purina Farms and pet some amazing animals.
- Give to others: Volunteer some of your time and attention to something or someone else. Check out the portion of the Eureka-Wildwood Patch website devoted to connecting volunteers with opportunities; feel free to add more activities that you personally know about.
- Feel a sense of accomplishment: Do some work with your hands, such as cutting the grass, visit Passiglia's Nursery, or do some new landscaping, work in your flower or herb garden, or try some new recipes in the kitchen.
- Learn to relax: Take an afternoon nap, learn to meditate 1 to 5 minutes a day, and get a massage at , or .
- Add to your education: Check out UMSL at Wildwood's line up of credit and non-credit classes this summer.
- Feel empowered: Learn self defense at Patriot Self Defense or enroll in a martial arts class at .
- Enjoy your "me" time with a good read and a great cup of joe: Hang out at with a book from the New York Times best-seller list.
- Get in touch with friends again or make new ones: Social interaction is critical to a healthy life balance.
- Laughter truly is the best medicine: Go see a comedy film at , or visit with friends and family members with whom you can let go and laugh like crazy.
- Go on an adventure: Do something you've always wanted to do that you are afraid to do, and be amazed by the feeling of your achievment.
- Get a fresh makeover: Nothing feels better than a makeover from top to bottom. Get a mani-pedi at , some cosmetic dentistry at Eureka Smile Center and get a new hair-do at . Also make sure to stop by Pure by Jen or for some new clothes to add to your new summer look.
- Get in touch with your spiritual life: When you have looked everywhere else, don’t forget to look up.