At Patch, we're all about helping local businesses and charities serve their communities. So we've got a way to help a local charity or nonprofit in our community blast out the word about the work they do. If you work for a local business or a local nonprofit, all you have to do is click to help make it happen.
This is our "Patch Click and Claim for Charity" contest.
Here's how it works.
Step One: Nominate a worthy local charity or nonprofit in Eureka-Wildwood Patch by posting a note in the comments below; tell us a little about why you nominated the organization! Post your nominee by 5 p.m. on March 13. We'll randomly pick a nominee from among the comments. That nominee will represent Eureka-Wildwood Patch in the contest and will compete against nominees in all 24 St. Louis-area Patch sites.
Step Two: We'll contact the 24 charities or nonprofits (must have 501(c)3 status) and encourage them to drum up support from their business benefactors. All the businesses have to do is claim their listing on Patch.com. The Patch site with the most new claimed listings from March 7 to April 8 wins an advertising package worth up to $3,500 for the community's nonprofit.
See below for the easy instructions on getting your free listing claim.
We'll give the winning charity $2 toward that ad schedule for every new claimed listing across the St. Louis area, up to a maximum of $3,500. We'll notify the winning charity organization by April 9, 2012.
Claiming your listing is free. Here's how to do it:
- Visit the Eureka-Wildwood Patch site. If you're already a user, make sure you sign in/log in first.
- Click on the "Places" tab at the top of the page.
- Search for your business/organization and click on it.
- Scroll half down the page to where it says, "Do you own or manage this location? Claim it!" Click on "Claim It."
- Sign in, if you haven't already, and complete the four-question form providing all necessary information to expedite your claim.
We want to make sure it's really you claiming the listing, so please allow three to five business days for us to evaluate and approve your claim. You will be notified by email once it's approved.