To make the Patch Home page even more user-friendly, we did a quick, visual nip-and-tuck to it. And we've moved a couple items around, so to speak. For those keeping score:
- We tweaked some words in our navigation bar to save space (e.g., "Traffic & Gas" is now "Commute"). The spot to which upload favorite, miscellaneous photos and videos used to be called Neighborhood Gallery; now it's called "Pics & Clips." With spring here, it's a great time to share some shots of what's happening in your neck of the woods—can't wait to see them. Thanks to Patch reader and Wildwood resident, Roger Vincent, who shared the photo that accompanies this article.
- We moved the weather icon next to the Patch branding so you can find it more quickly.
- We moved YOU closer to the top! Our "shout stream" is now front and center to show off all your comments. We really enjoy your remarks, so please keep them coming.
- The category called "More Stuff" contains Volunteer and Job options. We could really use your help in keeping this section current.
- And of course, we "prettified" a few things.
While the site might look a little different today, we still offer the same robust coverage of everything happening in and . That was, is, and always will be our mission. We categorize news in several ways: arts, business, elections, government, obituaries, opinion, police and fire, school news, sports and announcements. We welcome news tips or ideas about interesting people to feature.
Be sure you are signed up to receive the free Eureka-Wildwood Patch morning newsletter. It delivers the daily weather forecast, new news, announcements and events straight to your inbox or smart phone. Readers routinely tell me they love it. To get the newsletter, click here.
All blogging communications are still found under the heading of "Local Voices." If you'd like to start contributing, apply right here.
There are still 15 designations in the Directory category. Business owners and managers, please claim your listing to leverage the free and fast ways you can reach out to customers about your products and services. Patch readers, please consider rating and reviewing the businesses, nonprofits and entities listed in the Patch Directory as a way of providing feedback from the community.
You may not yet have discovered the House & Home Guide we launched earlier this month. Check it out at this exact location, which is located under or within the News tab.
We hope you'll let us know what you think of the tweaks in the Patch Home page in the comments' section below!
If you have further suggestions about what you would like Patch to consider for the future, be sure to add those here, too.