It has been found that teenagers who drink soda have more mental health conditions, according to a new study. The study published in the American Journal of Public Health surveyed 5,547 10th graders about their soda drinking habits, the results were mind-popping. There was a radical increase in mental health indicators such as anxiousness, dizziness, hopelessness, panic, sadness, sleeplessness, tension and unhappiness with themselves.
Have you ever wondered why soda comes with a smile? It gets you high. When you consume soda, you may see a smile on the outside, but despair on the inside.
The following is a breakdown of how sugar can impact every cell in your body.
- 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. You don’t immediately vomit from the onslaught due to phosphoric acid. Phosphoric acid cuts the flavor, allowing you to stomach it.
- 20 minutes: Blood sugar levels spike, causing an insulin explosion. Your liver responds by converting sugar into fat.
- 40 minutes: Caffeine causes your pupils to dilate, blood pressure to increase and your liver to pour additional sugar into your bloodstream. The blocking of receptors in your brain prevents drowsiness from occurring.
- 45 minutes: The pleasure centers of the brain are stimulated by the accumulation of dopamine. Methamphetamine works the same way.
- 60 minutes: Calcium, magnesium and zinc are bound by phosphoric acid in the intestines. Caffeine is a powerful diuretic and allows the bounded elements to leave the body.
- 60 minutes: The party is over, the music stops and you start to crash. You seek your next fix. The deadly concoction of sugar / artificial sweeteners, caffeine and phosphoric acid may throw one heck of a party, but your body suffers. The damaging effects have now been linked to the development of obesity, heart disease and stroke.
Soda Bomb - Exploding Arteries
According to a new study from the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, diet soda consumption increases the risk of having a cardiovascular event 61 percent. The nine-year study of 2,500 people resulted in 559 vascular events. Why play with fire; eventually you will get burned.
Recent findings by the American Heart Association linked soda to heart disease in women. The study stated that women who drink sugary beverages raise their risk, regardless of their current weight. This is important because most people think that their overall health is only related to their current weight. If you do not gain weight from the consumption of soda, you have the same risk of developing heart disease.
Please STOP drinking any kind of soda!