A woman stabbed her boyfriend twice in the head Tuesday in Wildwood after the two argued.
Achrista Malamut (correct spelling), 33, of the 100 block of Carriage View Drive in Wildwood, was charged with second-degree domestic assault and armed criminal action.
Officer Randy Vaughn of St. Louis County Police said the man told officers Malamut woke him up and asked him to forge a name on some closing documents. When he refused, she picked up the knife and stabbed him, he said.
Malamut told police she woke him up because she wanted his rent money, Vaughn said. The two argued, and there was a steak knife nearby. Malamut told police she grabbed the knife because she was afraid the man would grab it first. She then stabbed him twice in the head.
Malamut told police she then went to a neighbor’s house and asked the neighbor to check on her boyfriend because she was afraid she had hurt him.
The man was taken by ambulance to St. Luke’s Hospital where he was treated for his injuries.
Malamut is being held in St. Louis County jail. Bail was set at $30,000, cash only.
For more crime information on Eureka-Wildwood Patch, see the following articles:
See More on Patch
- NEWS NEARBY: Housekeeper Steals Jewelry, Antique Silver From Clarkson Valley Home, Police Say
- Man Stabbed Girlfriend in Face While Driving on I-44, Police Pulled Couple Over for Weaving
- Assault at Bar Leaves Man With Broken Nose, Fractured Face, Lost Teeth
- Man Stabs Mother's Boyfriend In Fight Over Food, Police Say
- 17-Year-Old Eureka Man Breaks Grandfather's Ribs, Police Say