A West St. Louis County driver faces a criminal charge after the woman struck two cars waiting at a stoplight on southbound Highway 141 in Ballwin, injuring another driver. St. Louis County Police said the woman who caused the accident was driving while intoxicated.
Sarah C. Johnson, 42, of the 2400 block of Barrett Heights Drive in West St. Louis County, was charged Saturday with second-degree assault.
St. Louis County Police said Johnson was southbound on Highway 141 and hit cars stopped at a stoplight near Milldale Drive and Manoro Way at the Ballwin city limits. One of the other drivers fractured a vertebra, police said.
An officer responding to the accident smelled alcohol on Johnson, who told the officer she had two glasses of wine before driving. According to the police report, Johnson had difficult time balancing herself and did poorly on sobriety tests.
Bond has been set at $50,000 for Johnson.
See More on Patch
- Wildwood Driver Straddles Yellow Lines, Gets Fourth Drunk Driving Charge
- Man Faces Seventh Drunk Driving Charge After Stop On Manchester Road
- Police: Drunk Driver Strikes Pedestrian in Wildwood Schnucks Parking Lot
- Wildwood Man Charged With Fourth DWI Since 2009
- $30,000 of Jewelry, Revolver, iPads Stolen: Wildwood Police Log