Man Stabs Mother's Boyfriend In Fight Over Food, Police Say
NEWS NEARBY: St. Louis County Police said Valley Park resident Maurice Conner, 24, stabbed the man in the arm after the boyfriend objected to him preparing food for children in his Riverview home.
Editor's Note: The following information was supplied by court documents. It does not indicate a conviction where an arrest was made.
A Valley Park man is accused of stabbing his mother’s boyfriend in the arm Feb. 11 in Riverview in an argument over food.
Maurice Conner, 24, of the first block of Cheryl Lane in Valley Park, was charged Feb. 12 with second-degree assault.
St. Louis County Police said Conner was at his mother’s boyfriend’s home, and two young children in the residence had not been fed. When Conner went into the kitchen to get them some food, the boyfriend objected and the two argued, police said.
Witnesses told police that during the argument Conner picked up a kitchen knife and stabbed the man in the arm.
Conner told police he had picked up two knives and dropped one as the man chest-bumped him. Conner said the man repeatedly chest-bumping him and as he was bumping him, he was accidentally stabbed with the knife.
The man was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.
Conner was being held in St. Louis County jail Friday. Bail was set at $25,000, cash only.
See More on Patch
- Police: West St. Louis County Man Sold Marijuana to Undercover Officer
- NEWS NEARBY: Housekeeper Steals Jewelry, Antique Silver From Clarkson Valley Home, Police Say
- Man Stabbed Girlfriend in Face While Driving on I-44, Police Pulled Couple Over for Weaving
- Assault at Bar Leaves Man With Broken Nose, Fractured Face, Lost Teeth
- 17-Year-Old Eureka Man Breaks Grandfather's Ribs, Police Say