Traffic Ahead: I-44 Delays, Blasting Begins on I-270
Rock will be blasted and cleared away to widen I-270. I-44 drivers going through Eureka will face altered drive times due to Antire Road replacement project from Missouri Department of Transportation.
Starting Tuesday, June 5, crews will close I-270 from Manchester Road to Big Bend for up to 15 minutes at approximately 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to blast rock as part of the widening construction. Crews will need to blast and clear any rock from the roadway before reopening the interstate.
Starting Friday crews will close all lanes of westbound Interstate 64 downtown between Broadway and 21st Street at 10 a.m. The ramps from 10th and 14th Street to westbound I-64 will remain open. All lanes will reopen by 3 a.m. Monday. The signed detour around the closure is Interstate 44 to Jefferson Avenue.
Drivers moving through the Eureka area on Interstate 44 should expect delays, due to the major highway replacement project launched this week in the Antire Road section.
Motorists should be aware of the following on-going closures:
- I-64, St. Louis City, the Broadway ramp to westbound I-64 will be closed until October.
- I-64, St. Louis City, one lane of westbound I-64 will be closed around the clock until October.
- I-70, St. Louis City, right lane on eastbound I-70 closed from St. Louis Avenue to Broadway until summer 2012.
- I-70, St. Louis City, entrance ramp from 11th Street to eastbound I-70 closed until summer 2012.
- Grand Blvd, St. Louis City, closed from I-64 to Chouteau by St. Louis City until mid 2012.
- Wellington, St. Louis City, closed over the River Des Peres until late 2012.
- I-255, St. Louis County, one right lane closed eastbound on the Jefferson Barracks Bridge until early June.
- Murdoch, St. Louis County, Murdoch over the railroad closed between Big Bend and westbound I-44. The ramps to I-44 remain open.
- Baxter Road, St. Louis County, Baxter Road is closed between Route HH And Clarkson, starting June 4.
- I-55, Jefferson County, until November, the ramp from northbound I-55 to Route M is closed.
Eureka-Wildwood Patch editor Julie Brown Patton contributed to this article.