Family budgets obviously are being trimmed, tightened and tidied these days. Whether shopping with coupons or looking for two-for-one deals, we're taking advantage of all sorts of offers and savings to help stretch our dollars.
This column is dedicated each week to giving you a handful of great local deals from Eureka and Wildwood businesses that will help your family’s bottom line. Because we do the scouting for you, you save time as well as money.
You are a big part of this effort to monitor for each other. Please add any deals you hear about to the comment box of this column.
Then please come back each week to see what we've uncovered together.
Hunan Express in Wildwood (celebrate Chinese New Year; can order online and they deliver within a certain area near their location with a $10 minimum order; following are specials as advertised in Valpak coupons; other coupons and specials are available if ordering online):
- Free half order of fried rice
- Free six-piece crab rangoon
- Free appetizer combination
- A family dinner for $17 (includes two entrees up to $6.95 each, two steamed rice bowls, six crab rangoon or six fried won tons and choice of soup)
- Get home equipment—such as lawn mower blades, trimmers and blowers—serviced while all extra parts used for repairs are eligible for a special 10 percent off winter price; offer expires April 1, 2011.
Hidden Valley in Wildwood:
- Have new fun in the snow through family specials offered every Sunday evening from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. Buying just a pass costs $31 each. Purchasing a pass plus ski rental or snowboard rental is $42 each. This is a $30 cost savings on passes with rentals, compared to the normal weekend rates. Children who are 7 to 12 years old cost $55 for a combined pass and rental all days of the week, outside of this special family rate. (Note: special family night discounts are not available Feb. 20.)
Poor Richard's Restaurant in Eureka:
- Enjoy an all-you-can eat breakfast buffet for $7.95 per adult and $4.95 per child (for those 10 years and younger) every Sunday morning from 8 a.m. to noon. Buffet includes pancakes, French toast, bacon, sausage, fruit, hash browns, eggs, cereal, muffins, and the restaurant's famous chicken wings, of course.
Fashion Bug in Eureka:
- Take advantage of any and all clothing items and accessories in the store being 50 percent to 70 percent off, due to the store permanently closing by the last week in March. All sales are final.