Last Chance: Document Shredding, Free Trees, Mouse Races
Take a look at several interesting and helpful deadlines that are approaching this week. There's even an Easter Egg Hunt coming.
- Eureka city staffers will host a FREE document shredding this Saturday. The shredding event will be held from 9 a.m. to noon at the Eureka Community Center lot at 333 Bald Hill Road. All materials will be shredded onsite and recycled. Canned food items will be accepted at the event for the Eureka Food Pantry, but not required.
- This week is the last time to secure tickets to the annual, charity mouse races presented by the Wildwood Area Lions Club. They will be held at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at The Wildwood Hotel. Each $25 ticket includes beer, wine, soda, water and light snacks. For tickets, call 314-498-0657 or email email@example.com
- If you like green mint shakes, be sure to catch the Shamrock shakes served for a limited time only at the two McDonald's restaurants in Eureka. They are an annual item offered only around St. Patrick's Day.
- Celebrate Arbor Day by stopping by Drewel Park in Eureka Saturday to pick up a free tree. Trees will be available from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., or until all the trees are distributed. (In case of rain or inclement weather, the backup date for this tree distribution is April 7.)
- Children can join the 2012 Wildwood Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday at Fairway Elementary School, rain or shine. The hunt will be held from 10 a.m. to noon; it is free. There are three age groups for the hunts: up to 3-year-old children; children who are 4 to 6 years old; and children who are 7 to 11 years old. For information, call 636-458-0440, or consult the city of Wildwood website.