Fireworks were going off in a different way at the Eureka Community Center parking lot Wednesday evening, in that those who love collectible cars were sparkling. This was one of the activities offered at this year's Eureka Fourth of July Celebration in Lions Park.
The following vehicles were displayed by their owners:
- A 1968 black Firebird, owned by Dale White, of Cedar Hill, MO, started the lineup. It was deemed "Pure Pontiac."
- A 1930 Model A Ford Coupe, owned by Jerry Mowery, of Eureka, was painted a color that first appeared to be black but upclose shimmered midnight bluish.
- A 1934 Ford Couple, owned by Greg Mowery, of Fenton, was right next door.
- A 1967 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme sported an engine to admire. It is owned by Don Allen, of Eureka.
- A 1966 Volvo, owned by Vince Roberts, also was on display.
For more coverage of the Independence Day activities, read previous article: Eureka Fourth of July Celebration Yields Fun, Even Without Fireworks