Got Change? Men Break Into Six Area Vending Machines, Police Say
Police arrest two men for breaking into vending machines in Wildwood, Eureka, Fenton and Mehlville, according to court documents. One is a Villa Ridge resident; the other is from Labadie.
Jason Herr, 34, of Villa Ridge, and Justin Nevills, 34, of Labadie, both were charged with six counts of stealing and three counts of property damage. Separate charges were filed against Herr Aug. 7 and Aug. 13 while Nevills was charged Aug. 7 and Aug. 9
Police said Herr and Nevills damaged vending machines and stole money from them in several area hotels and businesses between May 3 and June 19:
- America’s Best Value Inn, 6602 South Lindbergh Blvd, in Mehlville
- Stratford Inn, 800 South Highway Drive in Fenton
- Holiday Inn at Six Flags, 4901 Six Flags Drive in Eureka
- Super 8 Motel, 1733 West 5th St. in Eureka
- Byerly RV Center, 295 East 5th St. in Eureka
- 150 Waterside Drive in Wildwood
Manchester Police arrested Herr and Nevills June 19. They still had the money from the vending machine theft in Wildwood when arrested, according to the police report.
Bond was set at $15,000 each for Herr and Nevills.
For more crime information on Eureka-Wildwood Patch, see the following articles: