Police Log: Sudden Death Plus Suicide at Hotel Among Recent Incidents
Eureka Police Department officers responded to the following developments between Aug. 25 to Aug. 31, which included forgery, marijuana, stealing, assaults and attempted burglary.
Following are recent incidences handled by Eureka Police Department officers:
- A female customer was observed stealing beer by a Schnucks grocery store employee in Eureka on Aug. 25.
- Officers were called to an assault in progress at 1725 W. Fifth Street, which is America's Best Inn, on Aug. 26.
- A person was arrested on S. Central Avenue for possession of under 35 grams of marijuana on Aug. 26.
- A case of forgery was handled at 131 Eureka Towne Center Drive, which is the Walmart Supercenter on Aug. 26.
- Property on Hill Drive was reported as destroyed on Aug. 26.
- Items valued at less than $500 were stolen from Eureka High School, 4525 Highway 109, on Aug. 27.
- Another assault incident occurred on Aug. 27 at 19 W. First Street, Eureka-Pacific Elks Lodge No. 2644.
- Police assisted with a house fire located off of Hunters Ford Road on Aug. 27.
- Police responded to the "sudden death" of an adult via a 911 call occurring at Hickory Ridge View Court on Aug. 27.
- Also on Aug. 27, police were called to handle a suicide at 1725 W. Fifth Street: America's Best Inn.
- A warrant for an arrest was issued on Aug. 29.
- Items valued at less than $500 were stolen from 131 Eureka Towne Center Drive, the Walmart Supercenter, on Aug. 29.—and again on Aug. 30.
- Items valued at more than $500 was stolen from Eureka Road on Aug. 28.
- Police handled an attempted burglary at 619 W. Fifth Street, which is The Angels Garden, on Aug. 27.
Details in this article were provided by the Eureka Police Department.