One of every three people are dying of cancer right now—what are you doing differently to make sure you are not increasing the odds that you'll be that "one?" This article is part 2 of coverage from an Oct. 11 event hosted at the Wildwood Hotel by Drs. Jerod Posey, DC, and Nick Barnes, DC, of 212 Degrees of Wellness.
A previous Eureka-Wildwood Patch article this month provided Part 1 of the Cancer Killer Maximized Living Makeover event.
One attendee and 212 Degrees of Wellness patient, Marita Boyce, said at the clinic, she is "treated from the heart."
"They really do care about me as a person, and getting their help is like a mini-retreat."
Three times as many men and women are diagnosed with cancer, compared to 1971 when U.S. President Richard Nixon first declared war on cancer, said Posey. "And the global cancer cases are rising by 75 percent."
He said it's not always about how good one feels because there are plenty of people who have stage 3 or 4 cancer, and don't even feel it or realize it.
"Cancer occurs when groups of cells do not die," said Barnes. "Cancer cells use sugar for fuel. Healthy cells use oxygen. Cancer likes acidic environments, and as our bodies adapt to the toxic lifestyles we live, we give cancer cells an environment that helps them survive."
Barnes outlined five typical treatments for cancer—chemotherapy, radiation, surgery, drugs and transplanation—but said that all chemotherapy leads to toxicity. "The chemicals used for this were started for chemical warfare, and mustard gas only kills the fast-growing cancer cells. Then you have to deal with the side effects, and you cannot poison yourself back into health."
He also said surgery can make matters worse if tumors have metastasized, causing cancer to spring up elsewhere in the body.
Instead, Barnes and Posey recommend working with the six nutrients of every cell to prevent and battle cancer:
- amino acids
- fatty acids
- live enzymes
- minerals and trace minerals
Barnes said the Maximized Living regimen and products help create the right environment in bodies to not fuel cancer cells. That program is about eating tons of vegetables, curbing sugary products and getting the right type of cardio exercise. For example, he said soda is 2.5 acid, and battery acid is 1. "To neutralize the consumption of soda, people have to drive 40 cups of water to one soda."
Out of all vitamins to fight cancer, he said vitamin D3 was the one in which to invest.
At the cancer-killing event, he also recommended decreasing or eliminating chemical-based home products, such as flame-retardant items, air fresheners, skin care products, lotions, makeup and pain relievers.
For exercise, he guided attendees through an example of what's now called "surge training," which intermixes bursts of high-energy repetitions with periods of rest.
"Our bodies are natural cancer killers. They have the ability to call out cancer cells and destroy them, but we have to make sure our nervous and immune systems are working properly so they can do their jobs," said Barnes.
He said they often find spine health to be a missing link in cancer prevention, mostly because something amiss in the spine can be blocking the nervous system's ability to govern properly.
Overall, Barnes and Posey suggest a five-step, "Don't Get It (Cancer) Plan":
- Take care of you, and become a possibility thinker. "There's no hope in our current health system; we focus on hope."
- Get corrective health care.
- Dwell on a nutrition-enriched plan by eliminating sugars, hydrating and consuming the right vitamins.
- Get more oxygen into your muscles.
- Remove toxins from your body; get blood work once a year, including a check for certain viruses.
"Our bodies were designed to heal from the inside out," said Barnes. "About 2 percent of cancer is genetic. The other 98 percent comes from our choices and our enviroments."