A 17-year-old Eureka man faces criminal charges after police said he beat his 68-year-old grandfather, breaking his ribs.
Eureka Police said Martin beat his grandfather Feb. 5 in the 400 block of Eagle Pointe Landing Drive in Eureka. The incident was referenced in a previous Eureka-Wildwood Patch article published Feb. 14: Domestic Assault, Controlled Substance Arrests: Eureka Police Log
In addition to broken ribs, police said Martin caused bruising on his grandfather's body.
Martin posted a $20,000 bond, and was released from St. Louis County jail Friday. He is to have no contact with his grandfather.
For more crime information on Eureka-Wildwood Patch, see the following articles:
See More on Patch
- Man Charged With Growing Marijuana Inside Home
- NEWS NEARBY: Housekeeper Steals Jewelry, Antique Silver From Clarkson Valley Home, Police Say
- Man Stabbed Girlfriend in Face While Driving on I-44, Police Pulled Couple Over for Weaving
- Assault at Bar Leaves Man With Broken Nose, Fractured Face, Lost Teeth
- Fourth DWI Charge in Five Years Comes for Eureka Man After Traffic Stop