Rockwood Earns 'What Parents Want' Award
Rockwood is one of 29 Missouri school districts to receive the 2012 “What Parents Want Award” from SchoolMatch, an independent school selection consulting firm. Based on survey data collected from parents nationwide, this award signifies school districts’ work to meet the needs of families choosing schools.
According to SchoolMatch surveys, the qualities parents most often want in a school system include:
- Competitive in academic test scores and academically solid
- Recognized for excellence by a national foundation or the U.S. Department of Education
- Competitive in teacher salaries
- Above average in instructional expenditures on a national basis
- Above average in expenditures for library/media services on a national basis
- Small class size
Rockwood was among the Missouri districts acknowledged by Education Commissioner Chris Nicastro with regard to this award. “These schools possess many of the characteristics essential to providing a high-quality education to students."